Let it snow! It’s ski season, and that’s what all us winter sports lovers want as right now.
Countless enthusiastic skiers and snowboarders schedule their lives around riding fresh pow, aka newly fallen snow. If this describes you, then you value close proximity to places to enjoy your beloved hobby, namely ski resorts.
As a new snowboarder myself, I am thrilled to share several tiny house communities within a short drive to ski resorts across the country. Most definitely, these are a dream come true for many in search of a place to call home.
Explore these existing tiny house communities near ski areas:
If you’ve ever spent time in the Rocky Mountains, you know how majestic and addictive they can be—inspiring many relocations. The Hideout is a 9-acre tiny house and RV community. Imagine a serene wooded landscape, complete with a babbly brook.
It’s located in Glenwood Springs, a resort town surrounded by mountains and home to world-famous hot springs.
Not only do they offer short and long-term lots, but the community features historic tiny houses rentals. The owners relocated six 240 square feet cabins from downtown Glenwood Springs.
The Hideout is a heavenly place to call home, just a short drive to multiple ski resorts and endless mountain adventures.
Expect a premium price point for access. Monthly rentals rates, for cabin rentals and tiny home lots, is barely under or at market-rate for a local 1-bedroom apartment. Prices range from $795-$1,120 per month.
Closest to ski resorts:
- 15 minutes from Sunlight Mountain Resort
- 15 minutes from UpSki
- 30 minutes from Spring Gulch Nordic Center
- Free WiFi
- Bathroom and showers
- Laundry room
Tiny House Leadville
The small Rocky Mountain town of Leadville is the highest city in the USA, situated at an elevation of 10,152 feet. This makes the charming Tiny House Leadville the highest tiny house community in the country. The next-door dispensary also provides a new facet to that fun fact.
The little community hosts a wide-selection of swoon-worthy tiny house rentals, full-time THOW dwellers, and a few nightly RV sites. Lot rent is comparable to numerous other tiny house communities at $600 per month.
Additionally, the location is prime. It’s situated on the edge of downtown, next to a restaurant. Numerous other restaurants, shops and bars are just a short walk away. Perhaps the best part, breathtaking views of Mt. Elbert and Mt. Massive, both over 14,000 feet.
Just up the street from the village, you can access the Mineral Belt Trail. It is an 11.6-mile loop around this historic mining town, weaving through conifer and aspen forests, and mining points of interest with beautiful mountain vistas.
When you use coupon code: SEARCH10 for 10% OFF a nightly rental, Tiny House Leadville will donate 5% of your rental costs to SearchTinyHouseVillages.com!
Closest ski resorts:
- 16 minutes from Ski Cooper
- 28 minutes from Copper Mountain
- 49 minutes from Vail Ski Resort
- Free WiFi
- Bathhouse and laundry room
- Discount at the neighboring dispensary
Wheatgrass Tiny Home Community
Do you dream of living lightly in a beautiful location away from it all? If yes, then you’ll love the off-grid Wheatgrass Tiny Home Community in Osoyoos, British Columbia. It’s in a tranquil setting with epic views, surrounded by a farm and regional park.
Wheatgrass encourages self-reliance by requiring residents to self-generate power, offering private garden space, and sharing home business ideas.
The vision is “to provide a space for residents to foster a sense of community living sustainably, economically and independently in a peaceful rural setting.” While not for everyone, this could be a liberating lifestyle for those who value close connection to the earth.
Closest ski resort:
- 35 minutes to Baldy Mountain Resort
- Well water connection
- Private gardening space
- Snow removal
- Community compost area
- Municipal garbage and recycling collection
- Optional WiFi, available through a third-party company
Honorable Mentions – within 30-45 minutes of a ski resort
- The Camp in Bend, Oregon – a tiny house friendly RV park and boutique hotel near Mt. Bachelor
- The Hiatus in Bend, Oregon – an in-development cottage community (500 square foot small homes) near Mt. Bachelor
- Escalante Village in Durango, Colorado – a tiny house pocket neighborhood near Purgatory Ski Resort
- Cheney Creek Tiny Homes – an in-development tiny house on foundation community near Steamboat Ski Resort
- Creekside Homes in Hayden, Colorado – a tiny house friendly mobile home neighborhood near Steamboat Ski Resort
- LuxTiny Community in Lakeside, Arizona, a tiny house village near Sunrise Park Resort
- Wild Rose in Greenville, California – tiny house friendly eco-village, near Coppervale Ski Hill