The East Yard Cooperative Tiny Home Village will be located on St. Paul's East Side at Bush and Payne Ave. We hope TEY will provide a cool, safe, affordable, eco-friendly urban living option to people of all ages and backgrounds. It will be located in an urban area on a piece of land bordered by train tracks and industrial buildings (and a few homes) giving The East Yard a gritty industrial feel. It will contain 69 permanent, on the grid tiny homes that range from efficiencies at 280sf+ Loft to family units at 530sf + Loft.
We hope to offer high quality sustainable ownership opportunities with share prices ranging from $130k - $162k*
* Homes are still being designed. Projected costs will be available in 2018.
The East Yard will be an intentional community which will contain a cooperatively owned community center and shared resources such as community gardens, chicken coops and bee hives. Some of the key features of housing cooperatives are:
1) Owned by Members - The residents of a housing co-op are members of the co-op corporation which owns the whole property.
2) All members have an equal say in how major decisions are made – “one member, one vote.”
3) The key difference between co-ops and other kinds of non-profit housing is that co-op members are actively involved in running their housing community.
4) Each co-op member must volunteer time to serve on the Board or on a committee, or volunteer for some other co-op task. Members do not need special skills to get involved.
5) This involvement creates a sense of community and a safe place for children and adults.
At the heart of the village is the community center. This will be a space where people can gather for co-op meetings, classes or to host an event. There will be a large open floor plan centered on the kitchen. Laundry facilities will also be available.
Type of Village
AmenitiesCommunity Garden, Dog Park, Gym, Laundry, Meeting Space, Workshop, Kitchen, Community Center, Storage Units, Shared Vehicles
EconomicsResource Sharing, Asset Sharing
Lot Sizes (sq ft)
Number of Lots